Friday, February 29, 2008

I did it!

After weeks of trying to get this blog thing up and running, I think I am finally ready to start posting. Thanks to all my friends who wouldn't get off my case until it was done (Jillian).
We are finally starting to get into a routine with Tyson. He has started sleeping through the night. The lack of sleep you inherit with a baby is in my opinion was the hardest part about becoming a parent . I got to stay home with him for the first three months, and then went back to work part-time in January. Tyson goes to the company daycare that is on-sight so I can visit him whenever I want . I am actually enjoying the balance of stay at home mommy and part-time career.
Tyson is almost 20 pounds and has started wearing 9 month-1 year clothes. He has started rolling over and sitting on his own. He loves to be out in pulic and is already a great little shopping buddy (much to Ben's dismay).
Other than Tyson, nothing is really new with Ben or myself. We have a couple fun trips coming up. We are visiting Ben's parents in a few weeks which we are really excited for. His Grandma can't wait to get her hands on him! In May we will celebrate our 5 year anniversary a few months early with a cruise. We convinced our friends the Holidays to come with us, so it should be a lot of fun. It just what we need after a long cold winter. My mom and sister agreed to watch Tyson while we are gone, so I will be able to relax knowing he is in great hands, although I get a little sad thinking I will not see him for 5 days. Other than that we are just trying to keep our kid alive!

16 comments:

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

Yeah I am so proud of you. About missing Tyson, you'll be with me so you'll probably forget about him!! Cute pictures. Nice job on the blog!

msweetwood said...

Great Job. It will be fun to see the pics etc.

Mark

msweetwood said...

Very impressive, Erin! I LOVE your colors - I am thinking of brown and turquoise for a new bedroom :)
It will be so fun to see Tyson on your blog and all his adventures!
Bärbel

Brian Williams said...

Erin...you are the queen of blog trickery.

We look forward to seeing Tyson often thanks to your blog. See you soon.

Sabs said...

oh good work! Such an adorable layout! NOw I can stock...I mean check out ty any time I want:)

Jennie said...

Finally Erin...now you better see our blog too... jenniedavenport.blogspot.com.
It's good to see pics of your cutie! And know that my good friends are going on a cruise without me! :( I miss you guys!

Kristen Lee Briggs said...

Cute little boy! I can't wait to see him in real life! Are you going to Jerome for Easter? We will be there!

Tamio & Anna said...

Yeah!!! He is the cutest. I am jealous about the cruise. I was just talking with my mom about the Williams/Lott cruise os 2009 when Kev graduates, it's exciting. Your blog is adorable and so is Tyson. What a big boy, he is growing so fast!

sunnie said...

your little guy is adorable! watch out for the cruise, chris and i went on one and 9 months later we had our first baby. i heard birth control doesn't work on cruises, but it thought it was a joke. anyway, hope you don't mind i sort of wandered over here to read your blog.
sunnie

Lindsey said...

I am not trying to stalk you or anything...but i saw your comment on Bina's blog and had to check you out myself!! Glad to see you are a blogger!! Welcome:) Hey, when are you going to Seattle? I will be up there from March 11-17....will you be there too? It would be so fun to see you!! Hope life is treating you well! Ty is getting so big!

Jessica said...

Hi Erin! i saw your comment on Sabrina's blog and was happy to see you've started one for your little guy...who is adorable! Where are you guys living?? I hope you remember me otherwise this would be slightly embarrasing =)

Frasure Family said...

Hey Erin! Your boy is so cute! We just recently expanded our family to 3 as well in January. My blog is mostly about Mason (my little boy) too with occasionally updates on the parents! Here's are address:http://frasurefamily.blogspot.com/
Are you guys still in IF? We live in Nebreska. Amy (Hatch) tell ben i said hi

Jennie said...

Yes, there are grandparents...and like I was telling Steve and Jillian, even though it would be very hard for me to leave him for a week, I would love to do that and get away! I think it's awesome you guys are doing it! I wish we could go. So, you need to post more pictures of Tyson...

Sabs said...

i need to see a pic/post of tyson's first tooth!

Snedakers said...

Congrats on the little boy, he is adorable, I found your blog on Sabrina's, I've been thinking about you since I found her blog! Hope you guys are doing well, have fun on your cruise!
Natalie

Natalie Warner said...

Your blog is adorable!!! Andy and I were just commenting on how cute your little Tyson is. We would love to see more pictures of you and Ben. We'll be in Idaho for a week this month. Do you live there? We would LOVE to see you and your sweet little guy. It's been a long time!!!